- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands in the order that they are given. After you type each command, press ENTER.
- w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:NTP_server_IP_Address,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL
- net stop w32time
- net start w32time
- w32tm /resync
The 0x8 setting that is referenced in the command in the "Resolution" section sets Windows Time to use client mode.
The valid settings for the mode used with the /manualpeerlist switch include the following:
- 0x01 - use special poll interval SpecialInterval
- 0x02 - UseAsFallbackOnly
- 0x04 - send request as SymmetricActive mode
- 0x08 - send request as Client mode
Article ID: 875424 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 4