What do the different Approval Statuses mean in Personal Data Keeper (PDK)?
- Not Required– This status will appear if you login to the Approvals windowwith Administrative Privileges.It means that as an administrator you are not setup to approve that employee’s timesheet or expense report.Any time you login in administrative privileges you will see Not Required.You still have to change the status to approved to process it.You cannotchange a timesheet or expense report to this status.
- Pending– This status will appear if you login as the supervisor or manager that is assigned to approve this employee’s timesheet or expense report.
- Approved– When you want to approve a timesheet or expense report change it to this status so it can be processed to Project Accounting.Can change a timesheet or expense report to this status.
- Returned– This status is used when you want to return the timesheet to the employee for corrections.Can change a timesheet or expense report to this status.
- Overridden– If you login to Timesheet or Expense Approvals without Administrative Privileges (but you do have them), then click the Display All button you could see a timesheet with the status of Overridden.This status means that someone with administrative privileges already approved the timesheet or expense report but it has not been processed.They have overridden your approval rights.You cannot change a timesheet or expense report to this status.
- Deleted– This status will appear in the Timesheet or Expense report Inquiry windowif the transaction has been deleted in Project Accounting.For example, an employee enters and submits a timesheet, the approver then processes it to Project Accounting.The timesheet batch is then deleted.If you look back at the Inquiry window in PDK that timesheet will have a deleted status on it.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:25588
Article ID: 878353 - Last Review: 4 Jan 2015 - Revision: 1