- You try to format the new hard-disk partition.
- You try to assign a drive letter to the new hard-disk partition.
- Try again to assign the drive letter to the new partition.
- Try again to format the new partition.
Note If you must perform these methods repeatedly, it may be useful to stop Remote Storage. To stop Remote Storage, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- In the right pane, right-click Remote Storage Server, and then click Stop.
- Close the Services dialog box.
Article ID: 883100 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 4