- When you click a link on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, you receive the following error message: HTTP Error 500 - Internal Server Error, Error 0x8ddd0010
- When you click the View installation history link, or you click the Details link for a specific update, you receive a blank page, and you may be notified that a pop-up window has been blocked.
Method 1: Configure the Microsoft pop-up blockerIf you are using a Microsoft pop-up blocker, configure the pop-up blocker to enable pop-up windows from the Windows Update Web site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- In the Address of Web site to allow box, type http://v5.update.microsoft.com, and then click Add.
- Click Close to close the Pop-up Blocker Settings dialog box.
Method 2: Configure a third-party pop-up blockerIf you are using a third-party pop-up blocker, configure the pop-up blocker program to allow pop-up windows from the Windows Update Web site.
For more information about how to configure the third-party pop-up blocker, see the documentation for your pop-up blocker program.
Article ID: 883820 - Last Review: 20 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1