- The image files are Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) image files.
- The TIFF image files are compressed in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- You try to open the image files by using the Microsoft Office Document Imaging tool.
- You try to do this on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click the Compression tab.
- Under TIFF color compression, click to select the Perform lossless compression (LZW). Results in larger files but allows improved sharing with other TIFF viewers check box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit the Microsoft Office Document Imaging tool.
For additional information about other issues related to supporting JPEG compressed TIFF image files in Office products, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 885938 - Last Review: 29 Apr 2008 - Revision: 1