An error occurred loading an XML document.
- When you try to start the Virtual Server service (Vssrvc.exe), you receive the following error message: The Virtual Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
- The Virtual Server event log may also contain the following error message: Event ID: 1066 Source: Virtual Server Type Error Description: "Virtual Server encountered an unexpected error, 0x00000003
If this problem still occurs, you can reregister the existing XML parsers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER:regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml6.dll
- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in msxml6.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
- Repeat these steps for any additional Msxml.dll files that are located in the %windir%\System32 folder. For example, repeat these steps for the Msxml3.dll and Msxml4.dll files.
Article ID: 888741 - Last Review: 2 Nov 2007 - Revision: 1