- The security updates that are installed on your computer.
- The security updates that have not yet been installed.
However, a firewall may prevent the Security Update Inventory Tool from automatically updating the Security Update Bulletin Catalog file. In this case, you can use the Syncxml.exe tool to manually download the file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use an account that has administrative credentials to log on to the computer where the Security Update Inventory Tool is installed.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following:syncxml.exe /s /target path /site ServerName /code SiteCode /package PackageName
For example, type syncxml.exe /s /site SMSSUN /code S02 /target \\SMSServer\C$\Program Files\SecurityPatch /package S020000D
The Syncxml.log file is written to the Temp folder of the user context that is running the task. If you log on as Administrator and manually run the Syncxml.exe tool, the Syncxm.logl file is written to the Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp folder on the computer where the Security Update Inventory Tool is installed.
- If you do not have Internet access from the computer that is running the Security Update Inventory Tool, you can manually download the Security Update Bulletin Catalog file. To download this file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Command line specified package to update on DPs as R0100006
Command line specified folder to update as \\USCSCMGB3\D$\Program Files\SecurityPatch2.
Command line specified site code: R01.
Command line specified site server: USCSCMGB3.
Specified folder is local, changing it to: D:\PROGRAM FILES\SECURITYPATCH2 Download failed - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=9160
Sync tool failed to download "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=9160". Error code: 5
- On the proxy server or on the firewall, grant the required permissions to this specific account.
- Some proxy servers or firewalls may grant permissions to an IP address to pass through unauthenticated. To resolve this problem, you can add the IP address of the host server that is running the Security Update Inventory Tool to the list of IP addresses that can pass through without authentication.
Article ID: 889430 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 4