NoteWe do not recommend that you use the Sysprep.exe tool on a domain controller.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- In the right-pane, double-click PagingFiles.
- Type c:\pagefile.sys 0 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the system.
Note A temporary page file that is between 10 and 20 megabytes will be created.
- Run the Sysprep.exe tool. The setting of the page file on the target system is resized during the first start to match the new system's memory model.
Method 2After you run Sysprep, start in recovery console and delete the Pagefile.sys file before you capture the image. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q255205 How to Delete the Pagefile.sys File in Recovery Console
Article ID: 892104 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3