- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Expand the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ SecurePipeServers
- Right-click winreg, and then click Permissions.
- Click Add.
- In the Enter the object names to select box, type Local Service, and then click OK.
Alternatively, you can type the name of a user or group that you want to grant access permission.
- In the Permissions for LOCAL SERVICE list, next to Read, click to select the Allow check box.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.
For additional information about the required permissions for remote access to the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 892192 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3