- The computer automatically restarts.
- After you log on, you receive the following error message:Microsoft WindowsIf you want to see the data that the error report contains, click click here at the bottom of the message box. You see error signature information that is similar to the following:
The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here .
BCCode : 00000019 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : ffbccd68 BCP3 : ffbcda40
BCP4 : ff9b4d28 OSVer : 5_2_3718 SP : 0_0 Product : 272_3
- You receive the following "STOP: 0x00000019" error message on a blue screen: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
*** STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xffbccd68, 0xffbcda40, 0xff9b4d28)
- An error message that is similar to the following is logged in the System event log:Date: date
Error Time: time
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 00000019, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 ffbccd68 , parameter3 ffbcda40 , parameter4 ff9b4d28. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://support.microsoft.com. Data: 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 35 0000019 0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 66 66 eters ff 0030: 66 66 66 66 64 31 2c
- The Stop error message varies depending on the configuration of the computer's system failure options.For more information about how to configure system failure options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307973 How to configure system failure and recovery options in Windows
- The four parameters that are listed in the Stop error message vary with the computer's configuration.
- Not all "STOP 0x00000019" errors are caused by the problem that is described in this article.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this fix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Windows Server 2003, x86-based versions
Date Time Version Size File name
18-Feb-2005 02:38 5.2.3790.274 619,520 Ntfs.sys
Windows Server 2003, Itanium-based versions
Date Time Version Size File name
17-Feb-2005 10:37 5.2.3790.274 1,695,232 Ntfs.sys
Article ID: 892260 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3