When a user visits certain URLs, that user receives the following error message in the Web browser:
Note For more information about how to configure the ISA Server 2004 HTTP Filter component, see the "More Information" section.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix InformationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesIf you are running ISA Server 2004, Standard Edition, you must have ISA Server 2004 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
ISA Server 2004, Standard Edition
Date Time Version Size File name
31-Mar-2005 18:22 4.0.2163.251 120.320 HTTPFilter.dll
ISA Server 2004, Enterprise Edition
Date Time Version Size File name
03-Apr-2005 14:00 4.0.3440.251 128.792 HTTPFilter.dll
- Remove all the signatures and extensions that are listed on these tabs.
- Configure the HTTP Filter to allow all signatures and extensions.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft ISA Server, and then click ISA Server Management.
- In the left pane, expand ServerName, where ServerName is the name of the computer that is running ISA Server.
Note If you are running ISA Server 2004, Enterprise Edition, expand Arrays in the left pane, and then expand ServerName.
- Click Firewall Policy.
- In the center pane, right-click the access rule that you want to configure, and then click Configure HTTP.
- In the Configure HTTP policy for rule dialog box, take one of the following actions:
- To configure content blocking for content that contains certain signatures, click the Signatures tab.
- To configure content blocking for content that contains certain extensions, click the Extensions tab.
- Configure the options on the Signatures tab or on the Extensions tab to allow or to block the content that you want, and then click OK.
- Click Apply to save your changes to the firewall policy, and then click OK.
Article ID: 894483 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 4