- Your password has expired.
- Your administrator has set the User must change password at next logon option for your user account.
- Log on through a VPN connection to the network.
- Log on to the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Use the Internet Information Server (IIS) Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access (OWA). For information about how to configure the IIS Change Password feature, see the following article from the Microsoft Knowledge Base
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Outlook 2007.
Additionally, Microsoft Windows provides no secure, programmatic way for password changes for Outlook clients that are outside the network.
Article ID: 895276 - Last Review: 11 Sep 2011 - Revision: 1