Error message 1
However, when you use the Project Assistant in InstallShield Express 5.0 Visual FoxPro Limited Edition to build an installation package, you are never prompted to select the required redistributable files. No indication of a problem is given, and the installation package successfully builds.
- To change to the Installation Designer, click the Installation Designer tab.
- If the View List is not displayed, press the F4 key.
- In the Specify Application Data node, click Redistributables.
- In the InstallShield Objects/Merge Modules pane, click to select the Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9 Runtime Libraries check box. When you do this, the GDI Plus Redist check box and the Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library 7.1 check box are automatically selected.
Note This behavior occurs because the Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9 Runtime Libraries module has a dependency on the GDI Plus Redist module and the Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library 7.1 module.
These three redistributable files represent the core set of files that are required for an application that was created by using Visual FoxPro 9.0 to run on a computer that does not have Visual FoxPro 9.0 installed. You may want to also include language localization resource files, Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Report Applications, or Microsoft Visual FoxPro OLE DB Provider, depending on your application needs.
For more information about these redistributable files, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web sites:
- How to install additional applications
- Walkthrough: Creating a Visual FoxPro application Setup program using InstallShield
Article ID: 895994 - Last Review: 16 Jan 2008 - Revision: 1