To install and configure the BTARN 3.0 RNIFReceive.aspx and RNIFSend.aspx Web pages on either a Windows 2000-based Web server or on a Windows XP Professional-based Web server, you must manually perform the installation. The following steps let you manually install the BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.0 on an existing IIS 5.0 Web server. To perform the installation, follow these steps:
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Make sure that you have installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on your new Web server.
- Copy the contents of the RNApp folder from the installation folder that is on the Windows Server 2003-based server to a folder on the hard disk drive of your new Web server. For example, copy the contents of the folder to the C:\RNApp folder. Typically, these contents are located in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.0Note You can also copy the contents of the RNApp folder from the original BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.0 installation CD.
- Under the new folder, change the <identity/> element in the Web.config file to the following element:Note This change enables the use of the IUSR_MACHINE account that is used to access the performance counters.
- On the new Web server, start Internet Information Services Manager.
- In Internet Information Services Manager, create a new virtual directory that is named BTARNApp, and then point the new BTARNApp virtual directory to the folder that you created in step 2 (C:\RNApp).
- Paste the following registry entries in Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet\3.0\Configuration]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet]
Note Replace myBizTalkServer with the name of your new Web server, and make sure that the path name of the .NET Framework 1.1 is correct.
- Save the file as BTARN.reg.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the
BTARN.reg file to enter the keys in the registry on the new Web server. Click Yes.
- On the Microsoft BizTalk Server host computer, you must change a registry entry to point to the new Web server. Locate and then change the following registry entry to point to the new Web server:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet\3.0\Configuration]Note Replace myBizTalkWebServer with the name of your new Web server.
- Locate the Microsoft.Solutions.BTARN.Shared.dll file on the Windows Server 2003-based server. This file is in the Bin subfolder of the BTARN 3.0 installation folder. Typically, this file is located in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.0\BinCopy this file to a folder that is under the Program Files folder on your new Web server. For example, copy the Microsoft.Solutions.BTARN.Shared.dll file to the C:\Program Files\BTARN\ folder.
Note You can also copy the file from the original BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.0 installation CD.
- Register the Microsoft.Solutions.BTARN.Shared.dll file in the global assembly cache on the new Web server. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Copy the file to the C:\Windows\Assembly folder.
- At the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt, run the following commands:GACUtil /if Microsoft.Solutions.BTARN.Shared.dll
- Install performance counters for the ASP.NET Web page by running the following Microsoft Visual Basic Script (.vbs) file on the new Web server:
set pci = createobject("Microsoft.Solutions.BTARN.Shared.PerformanceCountersInstaller")
Article ID: 898633 - Last Review: 10 Sep 2008 - Revision: 1