- Outlook stops responding in all profiles every time that you restart Outlook.
- You cannot send e-mail messages from the profile where you added the new Outlook Connector account. Additionally, you may receive the following error message when you try to send e-mail messages:The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail.
- Click Show Profiles, and then click the profile where you added the Outlook Connector account in the list of profiles.
- Click Properties, and then click E-mail Accounts.
- Under E-mail, click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Make a note of all the e-mail accounts that are in the profile, click Cancel, and then click Close to return to the list of profiles in the Mail box.
- Click the profile where you added the Outlook Connector account, click Remove, and then click Yes when you are prompted.
- Click Add, type the profile name in the Profile Name box, and then click OK.
- Under E-mail, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to add one of the e-mail accounts that you noted in step 6.
- After you successfully create the e-mail account, you will be returned to the list of profiles in the Mail box. Click the profile that you created, and then click Properties.
- Click E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Click Add, and then follow the instructions in the wizard to add another one of the e-mail accounts that you noted in step 6.
- Repeat step 13 to add all the e-mail accounts that you noted in step 6 to the profile.
Article ID: 898854 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3