When you try to transfer an external list offline to Outlook 2010, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, if you try to take the list offline after you receive this message, you receive the following new error message:
This problem occurs under the following conditions:
- On a Windows XP-based computer
- Microsoft Office 2010 is installed and is localized to a different language than the language that is used by Windows XP.
- An Office 2010 Language Pack for a third language is installed.
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is installed.
- On a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- An enterprise access license is enabled.
- An External Content type that is mapped to an Office item is imported.
- An external list that uses this External Content type is created.
- Select Start, point to Settings, and then select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Regional Options icon.
- In the Regional Options dialog box, select the check box for the correct language.
- Select the Set default button.
- In the Select System Local dialog box, select the correct language, and then select OK.
- In the Regional Options dialog box, select Apply.
- Select Yes when you are prompted by the following message:
Required files are already installed on your hard disk. Setup can use these existing files, or Setup can recopy them from your original Windows CD-ROM or from a network share.
Would you like to skip the file copying and use the existing files? (If you click No, you will be prompted to insert your Windows CD-ROM or to supply a different location where the files can be found.)
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, select Yes.