This update contains additional help content beyond what is included when you install the product. In some topics, content that is added is specific to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and differs from the content for earlier versions. In those instances, the content that refers to a specific product release is labeled within the topic.
Although this update includes the Help server application, the Help server functionality is not changed. You can install updated content without reinstalling the Help server application.
This update is available only in the U.S. English language.
This update includes content that expands the functionality that is available for financial, supply chain management, human resources and payroll. For more information about the new functionality, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
Installation informationTo install the content to the Help server, follow these steps:
- Save and unpack the Helpcontent_en-us.msi hotfix file.
- On the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Help server, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
- If the .msi file that you want to update is included in the list of program, uninstall it.
Note If the .msi file is not listed, skip to step 7.
- Verify that the Microsoft Dynamics AX DVD image is copied to a network location.
- Open the following Microsoft Dynamics AX DVD image folder:Drive:\Msi\HelpContent
- Delete each Helpcontent_en-us.msi file from the following language folder:Drive:\Msi\HelpContent\EN-US
Note The Uninstall a program process does not remove the .msi files.
- Make sure that the following folder exists within the Content folder for the en-us language that you are installing:Drive:\Msi\HelpContent\EN-US
- Copy the HelpContent_en-us.msi file to the following language folder:Drive:\Msi\HelpContent\EN-US
- From the Help server, run the Setup.exe file from the root of the CD folder.
Note If you have not installed the Help server, use the installation instructions to install the Help server. The content for the languages that you select will be installed when you install the Help server.
- Click Install, and then select Microsoft Dynamics AX components.
- Click Add or modify components, and then click Next.
- Select the Help server component, and then click Next.
- Select the Help content to install. To do this, click EN-US, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Helpcontent_en-us.msi||Not applicable||16,691,200||15-Feb-13||00:49||Not applicable|
Validation of the application hotfix installationTo validate the installation, open Microsoft Dynamics AX, and then open the help content. The date at the bottom of the topic should be February 13, 2013 or a later date.
Article ID: 2781666 - Last Review: 17 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2