This update provides the latest fixes for Office 2013. It also includes stability and performance improvements.
Download and install the updateYou can use Windows Update to download and install the update (recommended).
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Microsoft Update.
This update is also available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Download update 2825631 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update 2825631 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Issues that this update fixes
- When you use Microsoft Narrator and open a Word document that contains many images, Word may stop responding. Then, you may be prompted to download the images. When it starts to download images, Word may stop responding again.
Similarly, when you use Narrator and you open an email message or preview a Word document attachment that contains many images in Outlook 2013, Outlook may stop responding. Then, you may be prompted to download the images. When it starts to download images, Outlook may stop responding again.
- Assume that you add a SharePoint document library as a places bar location by adding a registry entry under the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\open find\adminaddedplacesIn this situation, the places bar location may disappear unexpectedly.
- When you try to configure an Outlook profile to connect to the Exchange server through the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol and there is a mismatch between the server certificate name and the server principal name, Outlook does not warn you by using the certificate warning dialog box. Instead, Outlook remains in the "logging on to mail server" stage, and never logs on.
- When you use the Set Transparent Color tool to make an image background transparent in PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint may crash.
- Assume that you sync a library by using OneDrive for Business in which the library name contains a special character such as an ampersand (&). When you try to open the library from OneDrive for Business, the library does not open. Instead, the My Documents folder is opened.
- Consider the following scenario:
- User A and user B’s mailboxes are hosted in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- Both user A and user B use Outlook 2013 with Cached Exchange Mode enabled.
- User A shares his or her mailbox with user B, and then user B adds user A’s mailbox as a shared mailbox.
- You mailbox-migrate Exchange Server 2010 to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- You implement the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol.
- User B starts Outlook, and then opens the shared mailbox.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You have two forests.
- You have an Exchange Server 2013 server in the first forest.
- You have Exchange Server 2013 co-exist with a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 server in the second forest.
- You have a mailbox hosted on the Exchange server that is in the first forest.
- After you install the Office 2013 hotfix package described in KB 2825657, you connect to the mailbox by using Outlook 2013.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website: