- You use the clipboard.
- You try to print to a file-based printer such as the XPS Writer or Adobe PDF Writer.
- When the Save As dialog box appears, you try to paste the file name from the clipboard.
This issue occurs because of a conflict between Outlook, the clipboard, and the 64-bit printing components.
- Do not copy and paste into the Save As dialog box. Instead, type the file name manually.
- If you are copying from the same message that you want to print, copy the selected text, close the message, and then reopen the message before you paste the file name into the Save As dialog box.
- Install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office on a 64-bit version of Windows 7. When Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Windows are at the same "bitness," the issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section does not occur.
Article ID: 2952889 - Last Review: 29 May 2014 - Revision: 1