- You have a Hyper-V host that is running Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You run either a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual machine (VM) on the Hyper-V host.
- Stop error 0x0000007F indicates an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP issue.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all "0x0000007F" Stop errors are caused by this issue.
- The VM instances are part of a network load balancing (NLB) cluster, and the time-out is set in the Extended Affinity configuration.
- The VM instances are serving traffic across the NLB cluster IP.
- A start or drain Stop request is submitted by either VM instance.
Article ID: 2953561 - Last Review: 9 Oct 2014 - Revision: 1