- You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 installed on the computer.
- You select a profile in Visual Studio, and then you install Visual Studio 2013 Update 2. Or, you do not install Visual Studio 2013 Update 2.
In this scenario, by default, the Solution Platform drop-down list in Visual Studio is not visible.
Note By default, the Solution Platform drop-down list is visible as a feature improvement in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 (refer to the following screen shot).
Otherwise, you can try one of the following methods:
Method 1 - Customize the profile to add the "Solution Platform" drop-down list
- Open Visual Studio 2013.
- Click Standard Toolbar Options (The screen shot for step 2, 3 and 4 is under the step 4).
- Click Add or Remove Buttons.
- Select Solution Platforms.
Article ID: 2954109 - Last Review: 2 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1