Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2949807 Installer freezes when you install an update that uses WUSA in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- 2956020 Live migration fails and the error message has insufficient detail on Windows Server 2012
- 2957654 "0xc000000E" Stop error when a disk is suddenly removed from the PNP service in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- 2957560 Computer that is running Windows freezes after stress testing in iSCSI initiator for many hours
- 2957623 Cannot access shared files or folders on a drive in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2955163.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
Article ID: 2955163 - Last Review: 10 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1