Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- Assume that you open and edit a project from Project Server in Project Professional 2013, and the Protected Actuals feature is enabled. When you select a task in the project, and then click Move -> Incomplete Part to Status Date, the task schedule does not change as expected.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create an Enterprise project in Project Professional 2013, and then you add a formula to a local custom field.
- You save and publish the project to Project Server. Then, you open and save the project in Project Web App.
- When you update a project by using a Project Server Interface (PSI) application, the values in the Leveling Delay fields may be lost.
- Assume that you save a baseline for a project, and then you save the project as a XML Format (*.xml) file. When you open the file and select the As a new project option, then view the timephased baseline work, the values are lost.
- Project 2013 may crash in the following scenarios when Lync 2013 or 2010 is running:
- When you perform actions such as opening projects.
- When you move the mouse pointer over fields such as resource names.
- Assume that you open a project in Project Professional 2013 on a computer where one of the installed Office 2013 editing languages is Hebrew or Arabic. In this situation, some fields such as resource names, predecessors, and successors may only display part of what it should be. For example, the Resource Names field should display "Resource1" but instead shows "Resour".
- Project may crash after you install the October 2014 cumulative update for Project 2013.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You have a project that contains more than two enterprise resources.
- You open the project in Project Professional 2013.
- You change the list separator so that the client's and the server's characters are different.
- You open the Assign Resources dialog box by clicking the Assign Resources button in the Resource tab.
- You select more than one enterprise resource.
- When you apply the Task Path feature to a project that contains many predecessors or successors in Project 2013, Project may stop responding and even crash.
- When you assign more than two resources that all contain long names to a task, the names of the resources are displayed incorrectly.
- Assume that you select more than 40 items from a multiple value lookup table on an enterprise custom field. Then, you save the project. When you open the project in Project Professional 2013, the items that you selected are missing.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2956091 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB2956091 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Microsoft Project 2013 or Microsoft Project 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|