Assume that you do the following by using the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services (MDS) add-in for Microsoft Excel:
- Connect to an MDS server.
- Open an existing entity in a new Excel worksheet.
- Change an attribute by using Attribute Properties.
Warning Problems may occur if you change the MDS metadata incorrectly. For this issue, make sure that you edit the SortOrder value only on the attribute records which are incorrect. If MDS metadata other than SortOrder is edited incorrectly, Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be resolved.
SELECT ID, Entity_ID, MemberType_ID, DisplayName, Name, TableColumn, SortOrder, IsSystemLook for the following symptoms:
WHERE MemberType_ID = 1 AND (IsSystem = 0 OR (IsSystem = 1 AND Name = 'ChangeTrackingMask'))
ORDER BY Entity_ID, IsSystem DESC, SortOrder, ID
- The ChangeTrackingMask system attribute may have a SortOrder value of 18 instead of 17.
- There are multiple attributes in an entity that have the same SortOrder value (in most cases, the SortOrder value equals 18).
Article ID: 2957957 - Last Review: 18 Aug 2014 - Revision: 1