- You create a restore point on a computer that is running Windows 8.1.
- You change some settings or install live updates.
- You try to restore the system to the system restore point that you created.
- System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
- System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore.
- An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2955164. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2958245 - Last Review: 10 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1