- You attach a storage device to a Windows Embedded CE 6.0-based device.
- You format the storage device as Extended FAT (exFAT) file system.
- You run an application that starts multiple threads that create and write files on the storage device.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update April 2014. In the "File information" section, the package file name contains the product version, the date, the Microsoft Knowledge Base article number, and the processor type. The package file name format is as follows:
For example, Wincepb60-110128-kb2492159-armv4i.msi is the ARMV4i Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Platform Builder fix that is documented in Knowledge Base article 2492159 and that is contained in the January 2011 monthly update.
Note This Windows Embedded CE 6.0 monthly update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 2960553 - Last Review: 13 May 2014 - Revision: 1