- You share a Microsoft SharePoint Online resource with an external user. During this process, you select the Require sign-in and Send an email invitation options.
- The external user receives the email invitation and then clicks the link to the shared resource.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Online page, the external user clicks the Create a Microsoft account, it’s quick and easy! link.
- The user finishes and submits the form to create a new Microsoft account.
Microsoft account is experiencing technical problems. Please try again later.
- View the email invitation for the SharePoint Online resource, and then click the link to the shared content.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Online page, click the option to sign in with the Microsoft account.
- Use the account that you created earlier (during the process that triggered the error message) to sign in to the site, and then access the shared resource.
Article ID: 2962711 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1