- You have a List View Web Part inserted into the home page of the root site collection that points to a list.
- You use SharePoint Designer to customize the UI of this List View Web Part by adding or removing columns, applying filtering and sorting, and so on.
- You select the Export to site gallery option through SharePoint Designer, and then you select Yes when you are prompted to force the Web Part to always reference the list in the current site.
- You create a new subsite on the same site collection, and then you create a Web Part page through the SharePoint UI in the web browser.
- You edit the page, and then you select the Web Part saved to the site Web Part gallery to be displayed on the Web Part page on the subsite.
In this scenario, you notice the changes that you made to the Web Part in the root site collection are not preserved.
Article ID: 2963500 - Last Review: 13 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1