If you then view the events in the Application Event log, you find any of the following crash signatures for Event ID 1000.
|Faulting application name||Faulting module name||Version||Offset|
Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook
The following are basic steps for running CalCheck:
- Download and expand the CalCheck_x86.zip or CalCheck_x64.zip from the link above, to match the bitness of Outlook you are running.
- Place the files in a folder on your hard drive.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where the CalCheck files are located.
- At the command prompt, type Calcheck.exe and press Enter.
- When prompted, select the Outlook profile for the affected mailbox, and click OK.
- When the process completes, open the CalCheck.log file located in the same folder.
- Search the log file for the word ERROR: and review the details for the errors found.
Additional information and usage instructions for CalCheck are available in the following Knowledge Base article:
2678030 Information about the Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook (CalCheck)
- In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- In the left pane, select Application under Windows Logs.
- In the Actions pane, click Filter Current Log.
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, enter 1000 (as shown in the following figure) and then click OK.
Article ID: 2964632 - Last Review: 2 May 2014 - Revision: 1