- You run a procedure in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2012.
- The procedure contains a query has the following conditions:
- It joins a table that is updated very frequently.
- It has a WHERE clause that contains parameters.
- It uses Option(Recompile).
- This procedure is run on multiple concurrent connections that have different sets of parameter values.
- Your server is under a heavy load that is causing each of these procedures to take more time than usual.
- Condition 1: Another concurrent connection makes updates to the joined table that are large enough to trigger another recompilation of the query on your connection.
- Condition 2: The same query was recompiled from another connection and then put into cache.
Article ID: 2965069 - Last Review: 14 Nov 2014 - Revision: 1