Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Azure Pack Web Sites
- Some deployments encountered strange issues with the Publisher role in which the certificate on the Publisher was missing the private key. The code that should detect and fix error cases such as this did not function correctly. This caused a situation that lacked a workaround. All problem causes that might be found were fixed, as was the code to repair such a situation.
- After WebPI was updated to version 5.0, you may have experienced an issue when you tried to install Azure Pack: Web Sites in Windows Server 2012 R2. Specifically, the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) components were not being installed correctly on the Worker and Publisher roles. This resulted in the system not being functional. Workarounds were posted on Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN). Now, the issue is fixed.
- PHP 5.5 was added but not connected to the Portal in an earlier update. Additional work was required to exposed PHP 5.5 selection from the portal. You can now select PHP 5.5 from the portal, just as you can in the public cloud.
- ISapi Classic mode support for Internet Information Services (IIS) was added as a Windows PowerShell exposed capability in an earlier release. However, but was not exposed in the portal until this update.
- Subscription information was displaying in bytes and milliseconds. The information is now displayed in larger units such as kilobytes, megabytes, seconds, and minutes.
- The system correctly prevents the addition of a Worker role that is in a different domain than the existing roles. The error message that was returned when this error occurred was not especially informative. The message now clearly explains what the issue is.
- Because some security libraries were somewhat too restrictive and constrained things unnecessarliy, you could not generate PDF files from an Azure Pack website until this update. The required changes were made without making the product any less secure.
- The temporary file quota was too restrictive for some customer situations. It is now configurable, although it is not yet exposed through the portal.
- The versions of PHP were outdated and were therefore updated.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 3 for Azure Pack Web Sites
Download informationUpdate packages for Azure Pack Web Sites are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the selected update packages.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Installation instructionsLearn about how to upgrade Microsoft Azure Pack Web Sites. These instructions describe how to upgrade to or install Update 3 for Microsoft Azure Pack Web Sites version 2. There is additional guidance provided to monitor the upgrade and check the upgrade status.
Because of the changes that were made to data stores in addition to executable changes, this update cannot be rolled back.