Note After you install Update Rollup 7, System Center Orchestrator 2012 SP1 supports the use of SQL Server 2012 SP2 as an Orchestrator database.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- The Monitor Service activity now lets the configuration be saved even if the activity cannot resolve the host name that's populated in the Computer input property. However, before you install this update, you receive the following error message if you use a variable or computer group to populate the Computer input property:Connection to the selected computer has failed.
- A runbook receives alerts from Operations Manager. This runbook then passes the fields from received alerts to runbooks that it invokes. The invoked runbooks consume the message parameters and populate Variable Bind values in the Send SNMP Trap activity.
- After you add more than nine variable bindings to a Send SNMP Trap Activity, the variable binding order changes immediately after you exit the Send SNMP Trap Activity Properties dialog box.
- When you select Stop Job or Stop Runbook, you receive the following error message:Error executing the current operation. Cannot change the job status to 'Canceled'.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 Orchestrator Service Pack 1
Download informationUpdate packages for Orchestrator are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 R2 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the selected update packages.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Installation informationTo install this update, follow these steps:
- Download the update packages that Microsoft Update provides for each computer. Microsoft Update provides the appropriate updates according to the components that are installed on each computer. Or, download from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=2965419.
- Extract and apply the appropriate .msp files on each computer.
Note The .msp files are included in the update rollup package. Apply all .msp files that relate to a specific computer. Apply one .msp file for each specific role that the server holds. For example, if the Runbook Server and Runbook Designer roles are installed on a server, apply the .msp files for those roles on that server.