Source: Directory Synchronization
Password synchronization failed for domain: ChildDomain.Contoso.Com. Details:
Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.SynchronizationManagerException: Unable to open connection to domain: ChildDomain.Contoso.Com. Error: An exception occurred while attempting to locate a domain controller for domain ChildDomain.Contoso.Com. ---> Microsoft.Online.PasswordSynchronization.DirectoryReplicationServices.DrsCommunicationException: An exception occurred while attempting to locate a domain controller for domain ChildDomain.Contoso.Com. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The user name or password is incorrect.
---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The user name or password is incorrect.
Consider the following example scenario:
- Contoso\admin is the enterprise admin account that's specified in the Azure Active Directory Sync tool Configuration Wizard.
- Contoso\admin and Fabrikam\admin are two accounts that have the same name but that exist in different domains.
- Each account has a different password.
- Create an enterprise admin account in which the value of the sAMAccountName attribute is unique and does not exist in each domain.
- Update the passwords of all accounts that have identical names so that the password is the same for all those accounts.
Article ID: 2965539 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1