- You have a computer that is running Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1 and that contains a current user account.
- The default setting for the initial screen is changed so that the Store applications that are usually pinned to the taskbar are missing, and the power button no longer appears on the Start screen.
- You use the Push-Button Reset (PBR) feature to refresh the system.
- Open the properties of Taskbar and Navigation.
- On the Navigation tab, clear the When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start check box.
Article ID: 2966039 - Last Review: 5 Aug 2014 - Revision: 1