- The WSUS content folder is hosted on a Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) file share.
- WSUS uses a remote WSUS database (SUSDB).
- A WSUS remoting API, such as Remote Server Administration Tool or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), is used on a different server to publish the custom updates.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisited for installing this update.
Registry informationTo enable this fix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
- If you use only one WSUS content folder, make this folder a local folder instead of using a UNC path.
- Run Local Publishing on the WSUS server.
- Copy the “SQL registry keys” WSUS setup to the following registry key on the Local Publishing computer[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup\SQL*]
Article ID: 2966797 - Last Review: 11 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1