- Microsoft Dynamics CRM dashboard reports and other reports are not rendering correctly. Specifically, the reports are shrunk and are displayed in a narrow column instead of in the whole browser page.
- Report alignment is skewed in Reporting Services SharePoint mode and native mode.
- Because Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services fully supports Internet Explorer quirks mode, Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers cannot perform customizations. Customizations are supported only in Internet Explorer standards mode.
- Because SQL Server Reporting Services fully supports Internet Explorer quirks mode, customers who are using a custom application to integrate with SQL Server Reporting Services cannot use Internet Explorer standards mode as a default.
- Export options disappear when a report is rendering in Internet Explorer standards mode.
- Drill-down performance decreases significantly in Internet Explorer standards mode.
- When you select the WritingMode property of Rotate270 (this specifies bottom up vertical text) in a text box and then render a report in SharePoint integrated mode (Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 or a later version), you experience a severe decrease in text clarity when the report is displayed in the browser. The text is much less clear in standards mode (this is the SharePoint default) in Internet Explorer 7 and later versions than it is in Internet Explorer 5 quirks mode.
- When you run System Center Configuration Manager reports on clients that are using Internet Explorer 11 browser, you experience a freeze. These reports do finish rendering as per SSRS logs. However, the client sees the green spinning wheel and the report never seems to render. This can be fixed by setting Internet Explorer 11 to quirks mode.
- In versions of Internet Explorer later than Internet Explorer 7, if we zoom in on Rotate270 text in a report, the text will spill outside the bounds of the text box that is meant to contain it. Therefore, the text becomes partly or completely obscured.
Note SQL Reporting Services Reports supports Internet Explorer only in quirks mode. This behavior is by design. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
Browser requirements for Report ManagerTo run Report Manager and to use Report Manager to view reports, Windows Internet Explorer 7 or a later version is required, and scripting must be enabled. Report Manager supports only quirks mode and does not support standards mode. If you are using a browser in standards mode, you may experience window size issues and scroll bars that are not always visible.
Article ID: 2967090 - Last Review: 19 Dec 2014 - Revision: 1