- You enable the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) on a volume that is larger than 64 terabytes (TB).
- You create writable snapshots or snapshots that are larger than 64 TB.
- You enable VSS for a shared folder on a volume that is larger than 64 TB.
- You run a backup operation on a volume that is larger than 64 TB that has a shadow copy enabled.
- You run chkdsk.exe on a volume that is larger than 64 TB.
- STOP: 0x0000007E
- Failed to create a shadow copy of volume <Drive_letter>.
- Error 0x80042306: The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event logs for more information.
- Event ID: 12289. Error: 0x80070057. The parameter is incorrect.
Article ID: 2967756 - Last Review: 26 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1