If this keeps happening, you should try repairing your office product.
System error: 0x80041015
- Office was installed before the May Public Update (KB 2964042, May 13, 2014) was installed.
- An Office product was activated before the May Public Update was installed.
- There was an attempt to add another Office product (such as Microsoft Visio, OneDrive for Business, or Office 365) or to reinstall an Office product on the same computer after the May Public Update was installed.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
- The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- Only an x86 version of this hotfix is listed as available. However, you can apply this version successfully to both x86 and x64 operating system platforms and also to x86 and x64 versions of Office 2013.
- If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website:
Installation informationTo install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Close all open Office programs.
- Save the compressed file to your computer, and then extract the OSPPFixIt.exe file to the folder of your choice.
- Open the folder to which the OSPPFixIt.exe file is saved, right-click the file, and then click Run as Administrator.
Note A Command Prompt window will open and then close.
- Perform the action that you tried before you received the error message. For example, start Microsoft Word.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 365 installed to install this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Click-to-Run informationAn updated Office 2013 Click-to-Run image has been published that also resolves this problem. To obtain the image and for more information, see the following Microsoft Office Sustained Engineering Team blog article:
Article ID: 2968890 - Last Review: 23 May 2014 - Revision: 1