This article describes Debug Diagnostic Tool v2 Update 1. This update includes the latest software updates and feature additions. For more information about the issues that were fixed and the new features, go to More informationsection.
The Debug Diagnostic Tool (DebugDiag) is designed to help in troubleshooting issues such as hangs, slow performance, memory leaks or memory fragmentation, and crashes in any user-mode process. The tool includes built-in analysis rules that focus on Internet Information Services (IIS) applications, web data access components, COM+, SharePoint, and other related Microsoft technologies. Debugdiag 2.0 introduces a new analysis engine host with a built-in reporting framework that can be accessed from .NET. This new analysis engine simplifies analysis rule development in .NET.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- Supports analysis of miniDump files.
- Adds debugging overhead summary in the rule’s log file.
- Reduces rule’s log file size.
- Analysis Module
- Data Access Components (DAC) load issue during analysis.
- Many analysis rule exceptions.
- Collection Module
- DbgHost leak in .NET Framework 4.5 target processes.
- UI fixes for the Crash Rule Preferences.
- Breakpoint re-set in the rule's Control Script.
- Incorrect Script block for the configured exceptions.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2969059 - Last Review: 27 May 2014 - Revision: 1