- Improves activation in Office for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue in which product activation is always required after you restart a computer that uses an Apple Fusion Drive. After you install this update, product activation may be requested one more time.
- Improves functionality in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue that causes the Undo button to become unavailable when you save a PowerPoint presentation to a local drive.
- Improves functionality in PowerPoint for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue that causes inserted link data for YouTube videos to be lost after you save the presentation.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.4.2 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, note the version number that is displayed. The number should be 14.1.0 or a later version.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.4.2 Update package now.
Release Date: May 27, 2014
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
NotesThe Office for Mac 14.4.2 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2970766 - Last Review: 28 May 2014 - Revision: 1