This article describes how to update Microsoft Outlook. Updating to the latest version of Outlook fixes many kinds of connection problems.
If the latest updates for Outlook aren't applied, you may experience the following problems:
- You're intermittently or repeatedly prompted for your password.
- You're unable to set up a mail profile.
- You're unable to connect to a mailbox.
- You experience feature-related issues (Mail, Calendar, or Contacts issues, for example).
- Start an Office 2013 program.
- On the File tab, click Office Account or Account.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see an Update Options button, click Enable Updates. Or, if updates are already enabled, but you're not running the latest build of Outlook, click Update Now.
- If you don’t see an Update Options button, use Windows Update to install the latest updates.
Office 2010 and the 2007 Microsoft Office systemUse Windows Update to install the latest updates.
Article ID: 2972952 - Last Review: 20 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1