Consider the following scenario:
To verify: Check the SharePoint website to see if the Display Name of the CRM entity matches the Name of the SharePoint document library.
Step 1: Check the Display Name of the CRM entity (Example: Opportunity)
- In CRM, navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Customizations from the Settings dropdown in the navigation bar.
- Click Customize the System.
- In the new window, select Entities from the left-hand column.
- In the list of entities, select the desired entity (in this example, select Opportunity).
- In the General section, look at the text shown in the Display Name field. This is the name that will be displayed for the CRM entity.
Step 2: Check the SharePoint document library Name (Example: Opportunity)
- In the SharePoint website used for Document Management, navigate to Site Contents.
- Select the document library that corresponds to the CRM entity mentioned in Step 1 (in this example, select Opportunity).
- Select the Library tab in the ribbon at the top of the page. This will expose additional site actions for the library.
- Click the Library Settings site action.
- Select the List name, Description, and Navigation link under General Settings.
- Look at the text shown in the Name field. This is the name displayed for the SharePoint document library.
The Display Name shown for the CRM entity in Step 1 must match the Name shown for the SharePoint document library in Step 2. If these fields do not match, this issue could occur.
Article ID: 2975782 - Last Review: 11 Jun 2014 - Revision: 1