The following steps describe how to publish the IMAP server over port 993 through a Forefront TMG 2010 firewall.
- Open the Forefront TMG Management console.
- Right-click Firewall Policy, point to New, and then click Mail Server Publishing Rule.
- On the Select Access Type screen, select Client access: RPC, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, and then click Next.
- On the Select Services screen, select the check box for the IMAP4 option that you want (either standard port or secure port), and then click Next.
Note In this example, we're publishing IMAP4 through SSL (port 993). If you want to publish through port 143, select the standard port option.
- On the Select Server screen, enter the IP address of the IMAP server that you're publishing, and then click Next.
- On the Network Listener IP Addresses screen, select the adapters or IP addresses on the Forefront TMG firewall that will listen for requests that are intended for the published server, and then click Next.
- Review the selections that you made, and then click Finish to complete the wizard.
- Click Apply to save the changes and update the configuration.
- Verify that the changes have synchronized. To do this, in the Forefront TMG Management console, click Monitoring, click the Configuration tab, and then update the view. When the configuration status shows Synced, you're ready to rerun the migration batch.
Article ID: 2982764 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1