As an alternative to the existing Microsoft Outlook integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can now integrate Microsoft Exchange Server with Microsoft Dynamics AX. This integration enables you to synchronize your contacts, appointments, and tasks the same as with the Microsoft Outlook integration feature. By adding synchronization between Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Dynamics AX, employees who work in a remote desktop or terminal server environment, can now efficiently leverage the integration feature. To enable this integration, you can download cumulative update 8 (CU8) for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 .
Administrators are responsible for the setup of an organization’s Microsoft Exchange Server integration. There are some significant differences in the setup between Microsoft Exchange Server integration and Microsoft Outlook integration. To prepare for the integration between Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Dynamics AX, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update KB2984369, you must first install the Exchange Server DLL (Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll) for each user of the Microsoft Exchange Server. If you do not complete this installation first, the Microsoft Exchange Server functionality will not work.
- Download the Exchange Web Services DLL here.
- When the download is completed, copy the file from the downloaded location to the appropriate Microsoft Dynamics AX folder. Typically the folder location is Program Files > Microsoft Dynamics AX > 60 > Client > Bin.
- After you install update KB2984369, click Organization Administration > Setup > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Integration > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Parameters.
- Select Exchange Server as the synchronization type and enter the Exchange Server URL that will be used as the default Exchange Server URL for the organization.
Article ID: 2984369 - Last Review: 17 Mar 2015 - Revision: 1