Issues that the cumulative update resolves
This update resolves security issues that are described in December 2014 security update for Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 and Cumulative Update 6.
Additionally, this update also resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 3004235 Exchange Server meetings in Russian time zones as well as names of time zones are incorrect after October 26, 2014
- 3012655 New-MailboxImportRequest causes unreadable characters when you import an ANSI format .pst file of Russian language
- 3012652 CalendarProcessing cmdlet does not generate delegate permissions to universal security groups in Exchange Server 2013
- 3009631 Advanced Find against the Sent Items folder in Outlook returns no result in Exchange Server 2013
- 3009612 Outlook Web App shows organization details on the contact card beyond the scope of user ABP in Exchange Server 2013
- 3009291 Shared mailbox cannot be opened in Outlook in an Exchange Server 2013 environment that has multiple domains
- 3008453 Cannot edit or delete forms from the organizational forms library in Exchange Server 2013
- 3008438 User who is trying to Log on to Exchange Admin Console is logged in to OWA instead
- 3006672 Move request fails if the IsExcludedFromProvisioning option is true in Exchange Server 2013
- 3005391 Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 5 breaks free|busy lookup from Exchange Online to Exchange Server 2007
- 3003986 RejectMessageReasonText in transport rule appears in the user section of a DSN in Exchange Server 2013
- 3001037 Distribution group cannot send email messages to a mail enabled public folder in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2999031 A cross-forest mailbox move from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2013 finishes with CompletedWithWarnings status
- 2998144 New-MoveRequest cmdlet with RemoteLegacy parameter cannot perform a cross-forest mailbox move
- 2988553 Add-ADPermission and Remove-ADPermission can be run outside the management scope in Exchange Server 2013
- 2981538 Exchange Control Panel crashes when you proxy from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2010
- 3014051 Cannot migrate mailboxes in a multiple domains environment in Exchange Server 2013
- 3012986 ContentIndexRetryQueueSize value for a passive node never drops to zero in Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 6
- 3004011 Sound alerts do not work in Outlook Web App when new email or calendar notification is received in Exchange Server 2013
- 3003580 Event ID 4999 and 4401 when the Microsoft Exchange Replication service crashes in Exchange Server 2013
- 3003518 "550 5.7.1" NDR when you send messages to external recipients in an Exchange Server 2013 hybrid environment
- 3003068 Cannot see online archive mailbox after you upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 6
- 3000944 Subfolders under the Deleted Items folder are not visible in Outlook in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2997847 You cannot route ActiveSync traffic to Exchange 2007 mailboxes after you upgrade to Exchange 2013 CU6
- 2997355 Exchange Online mailboxes cannot be managed by using EAC after you deploy Exchange Server 2013 CU6
- 2997209 Exchange Server 2013 databases unexpectedly fail over in a co-existence environment with Exchange Server 2007
- 2995263 OAB cannot be rebuilt if the .flt file is larger than two GB in Exchange Server 2013
- 2994216 PublicFolderMoveRequest deletes all read or unread state in target mailbox for each user in Exchange Server 2013
- 2993871 Resource Booking Assistant crashes after you upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 5
- 2983216 Category setting on an item in Outlook jumps the selection to the top of the list in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2931223 MAPI virtual directory is missing from Default Web Site node
Cumulative update information
PrerequisitesThe setup process for Exchange Server 2013 will identify any missing prerequisites.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
Removal informationAfter you install this cumulative update package, you cannot uninstall the cumulative update package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2013 is removed from the server.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2013 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2013 System Requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server Updates: build numbers and release dates.