Your device might be missing the required security certificates for this server. Please contact your admin or ask the Microsoft community at http://answers.microsoft.com for help with installing the certificates.
- Determine which certificates are missing.
- On a Windows-based computer, start Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar, enter a URL that points to the HTTPS website that contains the certificate that you have to install on your device. For example, enter https://www.contoso.com.
Note In Microsoft OfficeHub, the authentication request gets redirected before it reaches the company servers. Therefore, you may have to try several devices to find the one that can successfully authenticate to the URL that you enter.
- After you reach the secure website, a small lock icon should appear in the address bar. Click the lock icon in the address bar.
- At the bottom of the small message window that opens, click the View Certificates link.
- In the Certificate window, go to Certificate Path to see all certificates that are in use to create an SSL connection to the given server.
- Use the following method to obtain the required certificates:
- On the Certificate Path tab, click the required certificate or certificates from the list.
- Click View Certificate.
- On the Detail tab, click the Copy to File option. The Certificate Export Wizard opens. To start the exporting process, click Next.
- Under Select the format you want to use, click the DER encoded binary x.509 (.CER) or Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER) option.
- Click Next, type a file name, and then select a location in which to save the file.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Install the certificate.
- Copy the certificate files to your device.
- On your device, go to Settings, tap Personal, tap Security, and then tap Install from Storage.
- Select the certificate that you have to have, and then tap OK.
- To verify that the certificate is installed, go to Settings, tap Personal, tap Security, tap Trusted Credentials, and then tap User.
Note All user installed certificates are listed here.
Article ID: 2986830 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1