- Adds the Start-HcsPeerController cmdlet to start a peer controller.
- Skips firmware check option for factory reset.
- The naming of DATA2 and DATA3 network interfaces are fixed to be aligned between Software as a Service (SaaS) and hardware ports.
Note If either of DATA2 or DATA3 is in enabled state, you have to clear the settings on these ports before you install this update, and then reconfigure the same port installation.
- Assume that you run the Export-HcsSupportPackage cmdlet in Windows PowerShell to retrieve the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) logs from the peer controller. In the command, you specify the value of "Cluster" for the Scope parameter, or no scope is defined. In this situation, the command fails, and you receive the following warning message:WARNING: The operation succeeded on this controller, but failed on the peer controller due to the following error(s). Please check whether the peer is healthy and whether the current node can connect to the peer.
- When you execute the Get-HcsSupportPackage cmdlet in Windows PowerShell, it times out, and the collection of some peer node logs fails.
- When you perform a device failover, not all volumes are restored successfully.
- When the device failover is executed and a discover-backup job fails, data loss occurs.
- During an appliance firmware update job, the scheduled task commands execution fails together with an error that the cmdlets are not recognizable. Then, the update fails and the controller goes into recovery mode.
- Errors that are arising from the appliance are not being imaged correctly in the installation procedure.
- Factory reset fails in certain phase. It may cause firmware mismatch.
- Discover Backup job succeeds and backups are visible. However, the virtual disk group is not present on target device after failover.
- The Invoke-HcsmServiceDataEncryptionKeyChange cmdlet is passed as an inline parameter.
Note After you apply this update, the cmdlet now will prompt the user to enter a service data encryption key.
- When registry-restore operation is processed, data loss occurs if there are cloud connectivity issues.
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from Microsoft Update.
Update detail information
PrerequisitesThere is no prerequisite for installing this update.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 2986997 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 3