- You have a Microsoft Office Excel workbook on a network share folder.
- The name of the share folder starts with a specific Japanese character.
- You try to open the Excel workbook in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- If you use Excel 2003 to open the workbook, Excel 2003 freezes for several seconds before the workbook is opened.
- If you create a shortcut to open the workbook, Excel freezes more than 30 seconds before the workbook is opened.
- If you enable the WebClient service under Services in Administrative Tools in Control Panel, then you open the workbook and select empty cells, the system freezes for several seconds.
Article ID: 2989252 - Last Review: 18 Nov 2014 - Revision: 1