- You configure outbound Hybrid Search to return results from SharePoint Online in a SharePoint 2013 on-premises environment.
- When a user performs a query from a SharePoint 2013 on-premises site, only results from the SharePoint 2013 on-premises environment are displayed. No results are returned from SharePoint Online.
- An administrator edits the query rule that's associated with the result sources. Then, the administrator opens Query Builder from the result block. However, this triggers the following error: 1 3/4 System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled. -->Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.OAuth2.SPOAuth2ErrorResponseException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.OAuth2.SPOAuth2Client.GetResponse(Uri stsurl, OAuth2AccessTokenRequest message) at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.OAuth2.SPOAuth2Client.RequestOAuthToken(Uri stsUrl. OAuth2AccessTokenRequest request) at stslnfo, OAuth2EndpointIdentity endpointldentity) at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.OAuth2.SPOAuth2SecurityTokenManager.GetRawBearerToken(String nameldentifier, SPSecurityTokenServiceConnectionInformation stslnfo.
Additionally, the following exception is logged in the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log:
An exception occurred during OAuth2 request to <url specific to your site>
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.OAuth2.SPOAuth2Client.GetResponse(Uri stsUrl,
- Office 365 doesn't support incoming Hybrid Search queries when the on-premises Search Service Application Proxy is deployed in partitioned mode.
- Follow best operational practices and perform a backup before you follow these steps. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Obtain the ID of Search Service Application. To do this, run the following cmdlet:
- Obtain the ID of Search Service Application Proxy. To do this, run the following cmdlet:
$ssaproxy=Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy –identity <guid>
Note The service application proxy GUID is unique to every farm. Run the Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy cmdlet, and note the GUID of the search service applications proxy.
- Review the $ssaproxy.properties results. The proxy should be listed as partitioned. If this is the case, go to step 4 to update the Proxy Properties.
- Update the Proxy Properties. To do this, run the following cmdlet:After you complete these steps, check whether the issue is resolved. Otherwise, go to step 5 to remove and re-create the proxy.
$proxy = get-spenterprisesearchserviceapplicationproxy
$proxy.Properties[“Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.SPPartitionOptions”] = 0
$ssa = get-spenterprisesearchserviceapplication
- Remove Search Service Application Proxy. To do this, run the following cmdlet:
- Create a new Search Service Application Proxy. To do this, run the following cmdlet:
New-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplicationProxy -SearchApplication $ssa -Name "Search Service Application Proxy"
Article ID: 2989740 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1