- The objects in Azure Active Directory aren't set up correctly.
- There are duplicate objects that are associated with the user in Azure Active Directory.
- Exchange Online Exchange Admin Center (EAC) - https://portal.office.com
- Exchange Online Remote PowerShell (RPS) - https://outlook.office365.com/powershell
- Confirm that there's only one object that's associated with the user. Duplicate objects may cause the issue. EOP will consider the object that's created first as authoritative.
- The status of the object is Synced with Active Directory instead of In cloud. Generally, you should create all user objects through the DirSync process and not in the cloud. This behavior makes sure that updates to the object in your on-premises environment are synchronized to Azure Active Directory.
Article ID: 2990292 - Last Review: 10 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2